Beverly: A Broad

What more could I possibly say?

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Toto, I don't think we're in Leamington anymore.

Wow, now I feel like I'm really getting started on the grand tour! London is totally amazing. I know that's kind of a useless description but that's how I feel. It is just so obviously not America, so it is really setting in that I'm a long, long way from home, but in a fantastic way.

Leah and I took the train in this afternoon (about 1.5 hrs) and I got myself settled in the hostel. Meaning I claimed an upper bunk in the 8 person room (about the size of mine back home, crazy), threw my backpack down, and ran out to grab a pint ha ha. I had to get my courage up for the London Dungeon and let me tell you it was a thrill a minute, especially the pyrotechnics! I will never think of the plague in the same way again, that's for sure! Then it was a quick hop on the tube (I know you'll be shocked, but it's far superior to BART) over to the British Museum. Of course they were having a special event so the most popular galleries were closed, but I saw the Rosetta Stone from just outside the space where it is and a nice guard even snapped a close up pic for me. I also saw a replica in another part of the museum, and can you believe that Leah licked it? She is one crazy girl!

But that crazy girl has taken her leave of me and now I'm on my own, watch out London! I'm a little nervous but mostly really excited to see how I do (don't worry mom, I'll be fine). Heading back to the hostel now, hoping to hit the rooftop hot tub, and then make some plans for tomorrow. Updates may be less frequent now, but more action packed!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you got your priorities straight and had that pint! Exactly what I would have done! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home